Logo Design and Branding- All you need to know
A logo has significant importance for all brands. Can you name any big brand without a logo? Not at all. It’s because all brands own a logo. If you are familiar with a big brand, the first thing that comes into your mind is the company’s logo. All businesses want an engrossing logo to represent their company.
You have two possible reasons for being here. The first one is that you want to understand how to create a magnificent logo. The second possibility is to find an amazing platform for creating your company’s logo. This handy guide resolves both queries.
Before discussing the most important steps of logo design, you must keep in mind that the logo is your brand identity. So it needs to be great.
Different steps to design a logo
Here are some important steps to create a spectacular logo design for branding:
Define your brand identity
The brand is a great way of communication. Before selecting, you must consider what message you want to convey through your logo. After having a clear idea, it will be much easier for you to create a creative design.
Find Inspiration for your design
This is the hardest part of your logo design. After this process, you are on the straight route to create an amazing logo. Here are some important tips to find inspiration:
- Brainstorming: It is all about getting ideas even the bad ones. Most often horrible ideas lead you to a genius solution.
- Think like your audience: Always think from the audience’s point of view. Make a list of words that truly represent your brand. Think about how you want those words to be perceived.
- Involve everyone: Single person’s brainstorming is finite. Involve more people. More people, better perspective. Better perspective, better logo.
Check out the competitors
Look at your competitors’ logos. How they represent their brands in their logos. We are not talking about stealing their ideas. It will help you in brainstorming and in the most impressive logo creation.
Try to be unique in brand identity. If your competitors are going monochrome, you can stand out by selecting an amazing color. Furthermore, if other businesses create traditional logos, maybe a fun and modern logo work better and grab more attention.
Choose your design style
So far you would have a clear idea about your brand and what message you want to convey. Now you can start translating your idea into the design. The first thing you need here is to choose a logo design style.
You can choose different elements as design styles such as colors, shapes, and graphics. Moreover, when you think about the logo, try to choose the right design aesthetic for your brand. Here are some important design types:
- Classic: Trendy design can be exciting but get outdated very quickly. So you can choose the classic style. This type is a better option because it has good staying power and reliable as well.
- Vintage or Retro: These designs are quite popular now. Worn and hand-illustrated logos in beige and brown color palettes fit this aesthetic beautifully.
- Modern and minimalist: Brands most often go with this clean and minimalist style. These types of designs give a fresh look to the customers. This type of design uses a lot of whitespaces, simple lines, minimal details and pared back logos. This type of design shows that your brand is up-to-date.
There are some other popular design styles such as fun and quirky design, handmade and crafted design. You can pick any style among all that really suit your brand need.
Find the right type of logo
There is 7 most significant type of logos. You can pick any logotype that suits your company name. Moreover, you can combine them to get a unique logo.
- Lettermarks (monogram logos): These logos are a useful option to streamline your company logo. If your company name is long or hard to remember, use the initials like CNN and HP.
- Wordmarks: This is the most common way to use your company name as a logo. You should use this type when your company name is short and easy to remember.
- Pictorial marks: Pictorial marks are logo symbols. These are the most popular type of logo. When we talk about logo, pictorial marks quite often come in your mind.
- Abstract logo marks: This type of logos also uses symbols. However, these symbols are very abstract as compared to pictorial marks. You must be careful while using such a type of logo.
The other three most popular types of Mascots, combination mark, and emblem. Try to pick any type carefully so that the logo should convey your message in a precise and effective way.
Pay attention to colors
Everyone knows the importance of color in logo design. While designing a logo, you should wisely choose a color combination for your logo. Keep in mind, color also becomes a brand identity. Do you know the color of the Facebook logo?
Pick the right typography
If you choose the right type and style of logo but fail to choose the right typography, the logo will lose grace. There are 4 most popular types of the logo that will take your logo to the next level. These fonts’ types include serif fonts, sans serif fonts, script fonts, and display fonts.
Bring your design elements together
Now you are familiar with all essential components of the logo. You can create an amazing logo by using even a few components of the logo. It is very important to integrate them professionally. They should appear as a unit, not separate components.
Evaluate your options
After completing your logo, you must evaluate your logo. Sometimes, you don’t like a logo, but that is attractive in most people’s sight. Likewise, sometimes, you like a logo, but most of the people don’t like that. So evaluation is the best option. However, you can ask your friends, and potential customers to make a decision.
What makes a good logo?
A good logo truly represents your company. It really conveys the message that you want to convey. Here are some other useful characteristics of a good logo. A good logo is:
- Unique and distinctive
- Reflects your brand identity
- Works anywhere at any size
A reliable platform for logo designing
You are now familiar with the entire process of logo designing. If you want to be an expert logo designer, you must be well-aware of the aforementioned techniques and types. Moreover, you need to be an expert in different graphic designing tools like adobe illustrator.
On the other hand, there is an option to hire the best logo designing company. There are several companies that offer logo designing. We highly suggest you hire Leicester web services. They provide high-profile logo designs perfectly match with your company interest.