Terms and Conditions
In order to provide our customers with outstanding quality services, we have established some conditions of use. The following statements apply to all services offered on Leicester Web ‘s website. By submitting a subscription request to one of our services, you agree to have read and understood these conditions. For questions, please feel free to contact us.
Outlined below :
Ginger Web Hosting : Leicester Web is the company providing the services and is the issuer of these conditions. More information about the company is provided in the following section.
Customer : The customer is you or the company you represent. The customer is the one who subscribes to a service offered by Leicester Web.
Leicester Web is a company based in Leicester (UK) which offers different internet solutions to businesses and individuals around the world. Primarily focused on renting space for hosting websites, domain names and SSL certificates, Leicester Web also offers other services such as web design, application development and SEO (search engine optimisation). Leicester Web’s goal is to offer the best with high quality services to its customers and users.
As part of a future community linked to the website (forum) or on the blog, Leicester Web accepts no responsibility towards the content published by Leicester Web employees and / or the participating members.
Respect for Privacy
Leicester Web servers are issued in order to provide storage space for data for websites, and other content related to these. All other data will not be tolerated (in case of abuse), except upon prior authorisation. Customer disk space is limited to the subscribed package. At any time, the customer may request to increase or decrease the subscription package. In this case, the customer will be immediately charged the new amount and the term of billing will begin at the date of issuance.
The customer is responsible for the content of its own websites and the update of their scripts.
All data/content mentioned below are strictly prohibited on the servers of Leicester Web:
- Excessively violent content;
- Racism related content;
- Pro-terrorism websites;
- Sites that go against UK Law;
- Websites about bestiality, necrophilia and peodophilia;
- Content that violates copyright laws, trademark and intellectual property;
- Software / Script used for spamming;
- Software / Script used for phishing;
Leicester Web performs a full backup of the data on its servers every 24 hours. These backups are stored on external servers. In the event of a major problem and/or unforeseen circumstances, Leicester Web has the ability to restore the latest backup and in order to put the servers back online.
Leicester Web will not be held responsible for data loss and/or data corruption of customer accounts on the servers. The customer is responsible for the data stored on the server.
Click here to consult the details and conditions of dedicated server hosting.
All customers who subscribe to a Leicester Web re-seller web hosting account are entitled to preferential rates depending on the level of sales achieved. After noting the amount of sales, the customer must contact Leicester Web to update their account. Leicester Web offers no discount if the customer does not update his account.
Level 1 – 5% = £0-500 of sales
Level 2 – 7% = £501-4500 of sales
Level 3 – 10% = £4501 -12000 of sales
Level 4 – 12% = £12001-25000 of sales
Level 5 – 15% = £25001+ of sales
The Customer must have a re-seller web hosting account to qualify for the discounts.
Leicester Web is committed to subscribe to ICANN regulations on domain names.
If you want to renew a domain name that has been registered with us, it is your duty to renew it 14 days minimum before the due date shown (you will receive e-mail alerts). By default we disable automatic renewal at the registration authorities. Therefore a MINIMUM of 14 days is needed to reactivate it so that it is renewable. In case you would renew your domain too close to the due date, it might become blocked and could incur additional cost to unlock.
Leicester Web adheres to the regulations of certification authorities. Leicester Web SSL certificates are, in fact, Rapid SSL certificates sold under the name of Ginger Web Hosting.
SSL Certificate Ordering
SSL certificates requires additional information after ordering such as a CSR and alternative domains in the case of a SAN SSL certificate. It is the duty of the customer to possess the technical skills to install the certificate, except in the case where the customer’s website is hosted on Leicester Web’s servers. In this case, Leicester Web is responsible for installing the certificate at no extra cost. The customer should only pay for a dedicated IP for the SSL certificate to function properly.
SAN SSL Certificates
Following the order of a SAN SSL certificate, the customer receives an email which asks for the CSR to validate the order. The customer must also list all alternate domain names that it wants to add to its certificate. The SAN must be determined before the certificate configuration and cannot be changed later. The customer must pay an additional amount based on the number of desired SAN before creating it.
Leicester Web is committed to providing bilingual technical support, at the earliest, 24 hours a day via the client area through support tickets. Telephone support is only available during opening hours. Support is always faster during office hours.
Bandwidth is not measured for Leicester Web customers. However, any unlimited type of statement has unfortunately its limits. The bandwidth is shared between users of the server. If the customer site were to require resources of a full server, Leicester Web will contact you to inform you. In no instance the customer will see his website suspended or charged a premium for excessive bandwidth usage. In the event that the customer website requires migrating to a dedicated hosting, the customer will however be obliged to cooperate.
Terms of Sale
To learn more about Leicester Web guarantees that come with the products and services, please refer to the page Guarantees.
Payments, Renewals and Suspensions
Payments for new subscriptions are required when invoices are created and before ANY service activation.
The renewal of services is announced between 60 and 14 days before the due date. The invoice is generated 14 days before the due date. The Customer must pay the bill before the renewal of services. If it is a subscription to a web hosting package, the customer will have their access to the control panel suspended after 7 days without news, and then the data will be permanently deleted 30 days after the due date of the service. For any other type of service, they will simply not renew. If a situation requires the customer to postpone payment of renewal, it is his duty to inform Ginger Web Hosting. In case of suspension or withdrawal, Ginger Web Hosting cannot be held responsible.
Termination of Services
For any termination of service before the end of a subscription, the customer must inform Leicester Web in writing through the client area (or for any request for suspension of services). Under certain conditions, a refund may be issued. For more details, see guarantees.
As a company based in Leicester, UK, Leicester Web is obliged to charge tax on all sales made in the regions of the UK.
Billing is done by Leicester Web in UK pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The customer has 30 days from the opening date of his hosting account to receive a full refund.
- The customer has 21 days from the date of issuance of an SSL certificate to receive a full refund.
- Domain names are registered to the customer for the selected period indicated in the order and are non-refundable.
Leicester Web towards the customer :
- Provide all necessary assistance to the client in order to maintain the proper functioning of the services.
- Leicester Web ensures availability and access to the servers 24 hours, every day of the year and makes any necessary updates to maintain a high quality of service. However, some exceptions may occur such as technical incidents or network downtime. In case of major problems, Leicester Web reserves the right to discontinue service for some time to perform the updates and/or repairs necessary for the proper functioning of the services purchased.
- In case of major problems, a refund may be issued in the event of prolonged outage due to the 99.9% uptime policy. For more information, please visit warranties.
- Leicester Web is committed to taking all necessary precautions to ensure the physical protection of data and programs of the customer.
The customer towards Leicester Web:
- If the customer is a company, the “contact” person is certified to be an authorised representative thereof.
- Payments must be made in advance for the entire term selected by the customer.
- Even if there is no data hosted on the account created for the customer, the customer agrees to pay the full amount of the subscription, except in the case of a written cancellation request.
- The customer agrees to keep his email address, and mailing address updated at all times.
- The customer agrees to provide his real information.
- The customer agrees to pay Leicester Web collection agencies and attorneys fees incurred in applying its rights under these conditions.
- The customer agrees to indemnify Leicester Web if it contravenes any of the conditions set out in this article.